ActivityARIPO (African Regional Intellectual Property Organisation) Under AfCFTA: Should Nigeria Join or Not?
DescriptionThis webinar was organised by the Africa International Trade and Commerce Research (AITCR) and supported by the African Regional Intellectual Property Organisation (ARIPO).
ARIPO is an inter-governmental organisation in Africa that is set to play a significant role in strengthening cross-border collaborations on intellectual property rights under the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA). Nigeria is not a member of ARIPO (it has observer status). However, Nigeria has signed the AfCFTA Agreement although it is yet to ratify and deposit its instrument with the African Union. The AfCFTA presents a new opportunity for cross-border cooperation on intellectual property rights in Africa. Should Nigeria reconsider its position on ARIPO?
1. Mr Fernando Dos Santos: Director General, ARIPO.
2. Mr Shafiu Adamu Yauri: Registrar, Trademarks Registry, Nigeria.
3. Ms Diana Akullo Ogwal: Policy Officer, African Union Commission.
4. Mr Afamefuna Nwokedi: Principal Counsel/Group Head, Stillwaters Law and Chairman of the IP Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association-Section on Business Law.
5. Ms Nta Ekpiken: Partner, TNP an Andersen Collaborating law firm.
Ms Titilayo Adebola and Mr Sand Mba Kalu: Executive Director, AITCR.
|Period||8 May 2020|
|Degree of Recognition||International|