ActivityThe 2019 SPE Oil and Gas India Conference and Exhibition, took place 9–11 April in Mumbai, will incorporate a high quality, multi-disciplinary technical conference with an exhibition showcasing state-of-the-art, fit-for-purpose, and innovative technologies. OGIC is renowned for its comprehensive technical agenda and enticing exhibitions, hosting some of the most desirable companies in the oil and gas industry in India.
Previous editions of this event have been highly successful. Over 600 professionals from 121 companies and 23 countries attended in 2017, making it the largest SPE event in India, providing excellent face-to-face opportunities to interact and network with professionals and experts of the highest esteem.
DescriptionThe Conference Programme Members serve as volunteers in their work on the Conference Programme Committee. Responsibilities include:
1. Determining categories to be included in the Call for Papers.
2. Overseeing the proper solicitation effort, encouraging submissions from their colleagues and associates in National Oil Companies, International Oil Companies, major service Companies, Universities and Consultancies in South Asia and the rest of the World.
3. Contacting senior company/organization executives to promote the conference and encourage them to allow employees to attend and participate, (shared with Advisory Committee).
4. Rate the submitted paper proposals according to SPE standards to ensure quality is maintained.
5. Participate in the selection of the best paper proposals and construct a technical programme of sessions.
6. Contacting authors by phone and/or e-mail periodically during the paper preparation period to ensure that the manuscript deadline will be met.
7. Contacting authors by phone and/or e-mail two months (2) prior to the conference to confirm their participation. Avoid no shows – session chairmen required to call authors onsite.
8. Act as session’s chairmen for technical sessions, rating the speakers and maintaining strict timing and non-commerciality at all times.
|Period||9 Apr 2019 → 11 Apr 2019|
|Degree of Recognition||International|