Aberdeen University Random Wave Flume (AURWF)

    Research Facilities: Facility

    • LocationShow on map

      School of Engineering Fraser Noble Building King's College Old Aberdeen United Kingdom AB24 3UE

      United Kingdom



    The random wave flume is used for a wide range of coastal and offshore engineering studies including:

    - wave interaction with coastal structures such as seawalls and breakwaters;
    - the dynamics of moored structures in waves; sea-cage and floating breakwater studies;
    - wave energy studies;
    - wave transformation in shallow water; wave behaviour at reefs, etc.


    Explore the research areas in which this equipment has been used. These labels are generated based on the related outputs. Together they form a unique fingerprint.