- Health economics
- Health behaviour
- Cost-effectiveness modelling
- Dietary behaviour
- Healthy ageing
- Well-being valuation
- Long-term conditions
- Editorial Board: Comparative Effectiveness Research (2014-current)
- Editorial Board, BMC Medical Research Methodology, 2011-2017.
- Editorial Board, BMC Public Health, 2017-2019.
- ESRC Dementia Platform Panel member: 2018
- European Commission Horizon 2020 funding panels: 2014, 2016, 2019, 2020.
- NORDFORSK (Nordic Council of Ministers) Personalised Medicine funding panels: 2018, 2020.
Membership of the following national policy advisory groups:
- 2011-2015: Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC), providing health economics expertise through membership of the SMC committee, which meets once a month to make decisions on whether new medicines should be made available in the NHS in Scotland.
- 2011-2020: Scottish Health Technologies Group (SHTG), which involves considering the strength of existing health economics evidence relating to health care diagnostic devices, tests and procedures, and provision of written advice to inform the funding decisions of health boards and other stakeholders.
- 2014-2019: Health Economics Network for Scotland (HENS), leading the development and delivery of new health economics training to meet the needs of decision makers in health boards.
- 2014-2019: Advisor to Scottish Government through short-life policy working groups, including dementia (national Dementia Demonstrator sites), chronic pain Service Improvement Group (NHS Grampian), Scottish Government/Food Standards Scotland/Health Scotland Advisory Group on Promotion Restriction of Foods High in Fat, Sugar & Salt
- 2014-16: National Institute for Health & Care Excellence, member of Aberdeen Evidence Review Group
- The Value and Costs of Unpaid Care in China. Huixuan Gao, 2019-current.
- Enhancing Quality in Social Care through Economic Analysis. Kevin Momanyi, 2015-19.
- Applying Economic Methods to Optimise Self-Management. Laura Dysart, 2014-18.
- Valuing Outcomes in Economic Evaluations of Maternal and Reproductive Health CareInterventions. Graham Scotland, 2005-11 (part-time candidate).
- Testing Methods to Value Health Outcomes in Developing Countries using Stated Preference Techniques. Laura Ternent, 2005-11 (part-time candidate).
- Economic Issues of Informal Care: Values and Determinants. Manos Mentzakis, 2005-08
Course co-ordinator, Economics of Health Behaviour (PU5542)